Ship Builder: Wilbur Morse, dba Morse Boat Building Corp., Thomaston, Maine
Owner: John G. Murley, Murley Fishing Col, Inc., 14 Rodman St., New Bedford, MA
Previous Owners: Purchased by United States Nov. 8, 1940, named Blue Jay, and entered service on June 22, 1941, under Lt. Hiram S. Walker, Jr., USNR. Operated in the 4th Naval District out of Philadelphia. Designated as only YD T-6 on November 20, 1943, and sent to Quonset Point, RI, to retrieve training torpedoes. Removed from service on April 15, 1946, and returned to Murley.